Monday, March 8, 2010

late night introspection

I sit upside down and stare backwards across my belly into the void i leave between yesterday and my thirst. my parched past playing a pitiful tune that i amiably can not strike from my consciousness. i heard this tune twice before, each time echoing louder through my mind. this silent melody in melancholy uncertainty teetering above broken shards and unimaginable ascension. two words dance erratically collecting companions and forming sentences with senseless meanings that i undoubtedly ignore. i had found solace in my solitude and it left me punch drunk with distain and still i cannot rid the music from my mind. this the final sequence that plays melodically to end scene end film end story end life. i hear it all again and in the reciprocation of rapture, i stand repugnant. dumbfounded and exposed, tactless and corroded, embedded and dishonored. you could step lightly or stop with fury and i would still entertain. my adoration intact though slowly disintegrating with frustration. i was left uncertain, i was left open-armed to a folly of faulty and only you could have dismembered these wayward ways. whispered cognition still plays 4/4 keeping beet to my thoughts, my heart follows in anticipation of infinite pursuit. not now, not then, perhaps later? each minute brings a disappointing reality, dislodged ambitions slip in a warped landslide to a nonexistent truth. the illusion of strength playing a concept that only exists in theory. that lyric wiped away my facade fascinating a fantasy that once foresaw you and i as one. now only two remain, a distant exorcism of fraudulent marauding merriment. thoughts avalanche in a land slide of intuition and i feel empty once more. a saddening reality that connection is discontent to internal content…. won't you be my neighbor?

No comments:

Post a Comment